Welcome to Style My Nursery!
My name is Marcie Paige and I’m a busy mom, wife, and serial entrepreneur. No, this is not my first business, or my last! (which drives my husband crazy, haha)
If you’ve been following me for a while you’ve seen my family focused e-commerce store grow and evolve from Baby Grins (launched in 2007), to Savvy Mom Finds (launched December 2012), and now Style My Nursery (launched January 2017). It’s my new baby and I’m really excited about it!
My customer interests have changed a lot over the past few years, and my business has had to follow the trends. The one product line that has remained consistently popular over the last 8 years is our Sweet Kyla crib bedding and Decor. And that’s why we’ve taken this new focused direction and bring to you the best products to style your nursery!
We hope you enjoy our new collections as much as we do!
And just so you can get to know me a little better, here are 10 random fun facts:
- I usually have about 10 projects on the go at one time (personal or business).
- I fell in love with American Sign Language when I was in elementary school even though I didn’t know anyone who was deaf or could sign. I took night courses when I was 18 so I could become fluent in ASL. And a few years ago I created a baby sign language course to help parents communicate better with their baby or toddler who is not talking yet, or still has limited vocabulary. Click here to learn more about Adventures In Baby Signing.
- My mom taught me to knit and crochet when I was very young, I was in grade 5 when I knit my first baby sweater.
- I’m a very do-it-myself kind of person. I dabble in a lot of different things such as scrapbooking, sewing, piano, guitar, violin and web design. Almost everything I’ve learned is either self taught (Google is my best friend!) or learned from a family member.
- I’ve always known I wanted to be an entrepreneur. As a teenager I was constantly scheming up ideas for a project. I made and sold jewelry, mittens, baby clothing and quilts. As an adult I’ve run several online businesses, including: www.PaigeAdministration.com (transcription services), www.MarciePaige.com (baby sign language resources and courses).
- I am NOT a morning person. I hate having to set an alarm during the school week to pack lunches and drive my daughters to school. I’m one of those crazy parents who looks forward to having my kids home for summer vacation and other holidays 🙂
- I prefer to live in the country, I don’t like stepping out my front door and being able to see my neighbor.
- Now that I am an entrepreneur and work from home I struggle to ‘leave my work at work’.
- I prefer to indulge on fruits and berries, rather than junk food, and I feel like I’ve just eaten a treat.
- I would LOVE to take a salsa dance class with my husband but he says ‘no way!’ (oh, well. Maybe some day!)